Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2018

I am looking forward to meeting with all parents either tomorrow afternoon/evening or Friday morning. If you have not booked in, please do so. If you cannot manage to book in, please call the office and they will help you.

On that note, our email system has changed, so please be patient if there are any problems communicating with me. I anticipate any - but you never know!

We are so excited to share with you our Name art and the thoughtful writing that goes with it. I have not included any photos - you have to come in and see for yourself. You can look at the display as you wait for your child's appointment time. This is NOT a student led conference, so conferences are private so please wait outside until your time:)

We have been thinking up some great word problems in math to do with calendars. Some questions were closed questions, such as:

It is July 15th. In two weeks it will be my Birthday, what date is my Birthday?

We also looked at more open ended questions, such as:

I know my doctor's appointment is this month on a Monday, what date could it be?

We had a lot of fun. You could try this at home. This is a real life skill and if you are crafty, you can build in days in the month, months in the year, ordinal (first, second etc) and cardinal (one, two, three etc) numbers. I just used a blank calendar to help me.


As a follow up to the nurse coming in yesterday and teaching us how to PROPERLY wash our hands, we completed this 'How To' writing. All the students did a really excellent and independent job. They will be sharing this work with you at conferences. Here is a preview!




Have a great long weekend after tomorrow's half day. Don't forget, if you are getting your Hallowe'en costume together that we can't have any weapons or gore at school:) I am going to have a fun weekend making a costume for my horse. It's amazing how little money you have to spend if you just get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment